Men's Health week
Updated: Jun 19
This week is Men’s Health week in Australia and PROmotion is taking this opportunity to shine a light on the importance of exercise and physical activity for men’s health.
6 Quick facts we need to know about Men’s Health
1. Mental wellness: Inactive men are 60% more likely to suffer form depression than those who are active
2. Genetics & lifestyle: only 30% of a man’s overall health is determined by his genetics, compared to 70% is controllable through lifestyle
3. Activity: Men who climb 50 stairs or walk 5 city blocks a day may lower their risk of heart attack by 25%
4. Sleep: Men who sleep 7-8 hours a night has about 60% less risk of fatal heart attack than those who sleep 5 hours or less
5. Drinking: Those who consume 4 to 10 drinks a week at most have a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Drinking more than 10 drinks a week almost doubles your risk of type 2 diabetes
6. Aussie men aren't moving enough: Only 17% of males aged 18-64 meet the national Physical Activity guidelines. Aussie men should be aiming to reach at least 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity.
The COVID19 pandemic has caused major changes and disruptions to the day-the-day lives of so many and this is where PROmotion is here to assist in you rebuilding a healthy lifestyle that may have taken a knock over this period. Our team of Physiotherapist's, Exercise Physiologist’s, Podiatrist and Dietician are ready to guide you through this process to help reach your health goals for the remainder of 2020.
Click here for Physiotherapy appointments
Click here for Exercise Physiology appointments
Click here for Nutrition Nation (Dietician)
Click here for Podiatry appointments